HEALTH AND SAFETY COMPLIANT
Fully compliant with current legislation EN 12445 and EN 12453, we can take care of the entire health and safety process including system design, project management and installation, including all building and electrical work.
Our service includes the following as standard:
• Mandatory service records
• Force testing
• Risk assessment
• Extended warranty and service contract options
Safety photocells ensure the safety of pedestrians and stop damage to vehicles.
- Photocells are an essential safety device for automatic gates. They provide safety for pedestrians as well as negating the risk of damage to vehicle traffic. Photocells operate by a transmitter and receiver, with the transmitter constantly sending a signal to the receiver via a beam and if this beam is broken the gates stop moving immediately until the obstruction has been moved. When the obstruction has been moved the gates will resume their operation as normal.
- Safety loops or induction loops are an embedded cable which can be concreted in or embedded in the asphalt surface of a roadway. A detector is connected to the loop and this monitors any changes in the magnetic field of the loop. This will result in a change in the state of an electrical relay which is in turn used by the controlling device of the gate motor. If heavy duty vehicles will be using the entrance it is necessary for dual safety loops to be used, with one situated on the outside and one situated on the inside of the gates. It must be noted that induction loops only detect metal and therefore cannot detect pedestrian personnel.
Example of a safety sensitive edge.
Safety sensitive edges
- Safety sensitive edges are another measure which can be utilised to protect pedestrians and also minimise damage. Manufactured from a soft cushioning material, safety edges contain a mechanism which when activated cause the gate to stop immediately. Once this operation has been cleared the gate will resume it's normal operation.